The Jewel of Sugar Creek
The Jewel of Sugar Creek. Cr. 1851 Federal style architecture, was the Boarding House for the women that operated the spinning and loom equipment in the mills. The 1864 Mill is the remaining one of four mills, the roof is visable in the tree tops below the Inn. This Greek Revival style building was built to produce wool for the Civil War Union uniforms. The Boarding House has been re-commissioned as the INN, a beautiful B&B. Located at S.W. corner of Crawfordsville, IN on Sugar Creek. Scroll down.