Our Historic Inn
A time to celebrate.......a destination to remember.
We are two artistic retirees who love history, gardens, flowers, art, music, and nature. We are sharing the "Jewel of Sugar Creek", the Historic Yount's Woolen Mill and INN....known asThe Boarding House cr. 1851, with like souls. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
We are Barbara Brookie White, an artist and portrait painter and Alan B White-Pianist on social media.
Three desirable and unique properties to serve those wanting a relaxing break, a family or friends reunion, business with Crawfordsville industry or Wabash College.
The Bed & Breakfast at The Yountsville Mill & Inn on Sugar Creek. Serving a wonderful breakfast in the historic Inn. Breakfast is a formal setting with good conversation. This is a very special brick house built with simple but excellent proportions, beautiful views from every large window, and high ceilings that will take you back in time. Three guest rooms are available: accommodating up to 8 guests.
- The Vacation Cottage is a charming 1964 house that is surrounded by woods, nature trails, and sits over a spring fed, bubbling creek, It is fully equipped so that you are self sufficient with a house key to come and go as you please. This offers you a private place to get away from daily worries and work, to have peace and quiet or explore creeks and rocks that is Indiana's most scenic, natural setting. Go back to work refreshed and recharged. Located next to The INN. The Cottage is un-hosted/self catered. 3 bedrooms, 2- 1/2 baths, 4 levels. Sleeps 7 or 8. Call for full description and have your questions answered. Everyone loves this house.
- NEW 3rd Location for business, and short term temp. employment. The 606 House for Guests is on Wabash Ave by the Wabash Campus. This listing is both a whole house rental or by a single room. .... A sanctuary, a comfortable, well preserved cr.1900 house with fresh new interior design. Please don't confuse this Guesthouse with a motel, it is so much more. Limited use of the kitchen. Four bedrooms and two bathrooms are available on the second floor. The master bedroom, The Ristine Room named for the original family, has the private bath.
- Having a wedding in the area? Visiting Mom & Dad? Need a retreat? Quilting or Scrapbooking club? ...Perfect for friends and guests!
- So convenient to Wabash College, community events, and festivals. Direct inquiries are welcome. A perfect solution for out of town family and friends. Very safe for Wabash moms while visiting their Wabash son. A charming cottage garden is a WIP.
- Crawfordsville, IN offers many interesting things to do. Museums, state parks, country roads to bike, and near Lafayette (30 mi), Indianapolis, auctions, antique stores, and Amish countryside scenes. The area is famous for visiting the remaining old mills and covered bridges. Chicago is only 2.5 hours north, Indianapolis with the 500 Speedway, zoo, Children's Museum, IMA (Art museum), The Pacers, Colts, Theater, major fashion malls are 45 minutes. We enjoy visiting with all guests and share our knowledge of the plants, local history, and the woolen mill. We feel honored when guests arrive as strangers and leave as friends. Inquiries are welcome.